Pricing Calculator (1.2) 23518 hits
Magento Price Calculator Extension enables Area and Volume based pricing. It is suitable for products such as liquids, blinds, fabric, flooring, banners etc. Different input/output units are supported in this module such as centimeters, meters, millimeters, Inches and Feet. You can offer discounts to customers on various product sizes by using automated rules. These rules will automatically be triggered once the user will enter values within specified range.
How does Magento Dynamic Pricing Add-on Works:
This Advance Variation Pricing module will automatically create a “Price Calculator” tab for each product. In this tab price rules are manually defined such as below,
This rule defines following;
- Min and Max shows the size range,
- Two discounts, 10% for sizes between 15 – 30 % and 50% for sizes above 30.
- Area or volume, whichever is to be calculated?
- Discount in fixed or percentage values.
Multiple Input/Output Units – Magento Area Calculator
Following input and output unit types are supported, conversions are automatically done.
Base Price & Price Per Unit Area – Advance Variation Pricing
From the backend you define price per unit area. Suppose the base price of product is $100 and two custom options are created, Length and Height. If the customer enters 5 in Length field and 3 in Height, this module will then multiply 5 and 3 resulting in 15. Suppose that we have set ‘10’ as unit price then this extension will add “10 * 15” = $150 in the base price. So now our price will be $250. Once the size is over 15% then 10% discount will be applied as per the first rule. For invalid values an error messages will be shown.
Product Discounts – Square Footage Calculator
Discounts are always a key component of any marketing strategy. By using Magento custom price extension rules you can define discounts for different sizes in percentage or fixed values e.g. 10% discount for sizes between 15 – 30 % and 50% for sizes above 30. Important point is that discounts are applied on base prices.
Configuration Features - Magento Price Calculator
- You can configure custom error messages
- Set keywords for minimum and maximum size that will appear in Product’s Price Calculator rule tab
- Customize Text for discount Labels
- Multiple Custom attributes on which Price Calculator rules will be applied such as Length, Width, Height etc.
- Enable/Disable this plugin
General Features - Magento Square Meter Pricing Extension
- Product Price is dynamically updated based on input values
- Multiple Input and output size units are supported such as Meter, Centi-meter, Milli-meter, Inch etc.
- Length, area and volume calculations
- Decimal and Integer input values are supported
- Applies percentage and fixed discount on different product sizes
- Creates Price Calculator Tab for each product in which Price rules can be defined and discounts can be applied on products based on their sizes
- Set minimum and maximum required dimensions in price rules
- Custom Validation messages
- Supports group pricing
- Cross Browser compatible
- Meets highest programming standards
- 100% OpenSource
- Multi-Store Supported
- Multi-Language Supported
- Step by Step Installation guide included
- Complete user manual for product use
- Free life time updates
How it Works
Custom options e.g. Height, Width, length etc. that are created from the backend will appear on product detail page. When customers will increase or decrease the value of any attribute such as the Length or Width, price will automatically increase or decrease accordingly. Suppose the base price of product is $100 and the customer enters 5 in Length and 3 in Height (custom options), this Magento custom price extension will then multiply 5 and 3 resulting in 15. Let us suppose that we have set “10” as per unit price from the backend then this extension will add “10 * 15” = $150 in the base price.
So now our price will be $250. Important point is that the discount is applied on $150 not on $250. Once the size is over 15% then 10% discount will be applied as per the first rule. For invalid values an error messages will be shown. This error message is customizable, until the correct values are not entered add to cart button does not work.
Catalog > Manage Products > Select Products > Settings > Price Calculator Tab
- Configure the pricing rule;
Price Calculator Magento extension will automatically create a “Price Calculator” tab for each product. In this tab price rules are manually defined such as below,
Above rules show minimum and maximum sizes for the product, according to these rules the discount amount will be 10% for the sizes above 15 square meters and 50% for the sizes above 30 square meters. This Magento Custom Price Extension allows you can select Area or volume as product dimensions and choose fixed values or in percentage. Admin can change these values according to the requirements.
Select from following input/output units supported by this Magento square foot pricing extension
- Enter price for per unit area e.g. 10, 20 etc. When customers will increase or decrease the size attributes, per unit price will be added or subtracted accordingly to the base price.
- Enter text for error message. This message will be shown if the range of value is not according to the rule defined above
Main Settings – Magento Pricing Calculator
- Enable/disable the extension from the drop down
Set the keyword titles
- Enter name of custom options on which the rules should be applied
- Set the label for discounted amount
- Set keyword for minimum and maximum that will be used in Price Calculator tab when defining rules
Show Price Settings for Product Page - Pricing Based Area Magento
- Select “Yes” if base price should be displayed on product detail page in case customer enters different size and base price changes accordingly
- Select “Yes” to display total discount that is applied on additional amount. Please refer to an example described above in frontend section.
Reviews Add a Review
Write Your Own Review
FME’s team is dynamic, works prompt and brilliant and guarantees perfect services.
by Markus on 11/28/14
Great Pricing Calculator
by itecoserv : I'm a deployment & integrations provider, I useCommunity 1.8.1 on 9/5/14
Very useful extension and very good support!
by Alexandra on 5/8/14
by jay88ld : I'm a merchant, I useCommunity 1.8.0 on 4/12/14
Got what i needed