Layaway Payments (1.4) 35139 hits
Entice more customers to shop by using FME Magento Partial Payments extension on your store. By putting down a small deposit, your customers can purchase items and pay in installments. This Magento payments options extension offers vast array of features to setup different payment plans for different customer groups.
Enable layaway for all products, by-pass the login/register request for layaway and select allowed payment Options. You can charge layaway fee on per product or per order bases. Customers can pay installments manually from their accounts, as well as, track existing installments.
There is a Layaway Orders section on the backend from where admin can not only view these orders, but can enter payments on behalf of customers. They can track all installments for each order as well.
By using Magento Layaway plugin, you can enable multiple layaway products for checkout; calculate Layaway charges before discount applied or after discount. Click on any product on the backend to configure down payment, number of installments, period unit such as days, weeks, months etc., and maximum period of installments.
A special note is added on the product page along with a tool tip that highlights Layaway payment option for that specific product. Customers can find details about installment options on the cart page. Click on DEMO to view all the features live.
Key Features of Magento Recurring/Partial Payments Extension
- Charge a service fee for layaway in percentage or fixed price
- Setup payment plans, duration of installments, and time period etc., by editing product details
- Customers can keep track of their installments, make payments from their accounts
- Enable layaway for all products or selective ones by using this Magento Partial Payment extension
- Add custom label and tooltip on product pages for layaway
- Store owners can configure this recurring products extension to restrict/allow customers to pay installments for specific order statuses.
- Admin can view layaway orders on the backend, track and enter payment information
- Select desired payment methods
- Configure initial payment amount
- Calculate layaway charges before or after discount
- Configure product price mode to be fixed or in percentage
- You can by-pass the login/register request for layaway
- Enter labels for different layaway options
- Email confirmation is sent to both admin and user
Supported Payment Gateways
All Payment Gateways supported by magento are supported by our extension
Magento Partial Payments Features
- Multi-Store Supported
- Multi-Language Supported
- Includes a Install/User Guide
- 100% Open Source.
- 45 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Free Lifetime Support
- Free Lifetime Upgrades
Click on DEMO to view all the features.
Once the Magento Layaway extension is installed, start with the configuration:
- Enable layaway extension for products. A new tab is created in product settings from where you can configure installment options
- By-Pass the login/register request for layaway. Set to Yes only if you have not allowed guest checkout, otherwise , Installments for guests will not be maintained.
- Enable and enter label for product page and tool tip
- Enter Comments for Layaway on Product Page
- Select Allowed Payment methods (Listed are your activated methods)
- Enable Multiple Layaway products for checkout, if this is enabled, the system will use the values for Maximum Installments and Maximum Period provided below instead of individual products.
- Charge layaway fee on per order or per product bases
- Configure layaway charges in fixed price or percentage
- Calculate Layaway charges before or after discount applied
- Set number of installments, period’s unit, and max. period
- Set initial installment price before or after discount
Add labels for different options
This section allows you to view any order placed by customers with the layaway payment option. You can view the details of any order and enter the payment manually. This will send the email confirmation to user.
Reviews Add a Review
Write Your Own Review
by Arjun on 4/30/15
Excellent Down Payment Extension
by Quince on 12/9/14
A Smart Solution
by GeekyCorner on 6/17/14
more options more ...
by Betty on 5/14/14
by Richard on 4/29/14
I am very happy with this module
by CheapSalesforUS on 3/30/14
Thank you support
by kori on 3/7/14
Partial Deposits Made Simple
by Riva on 3/20/13
Simple yet effective
by AppMag on 3/17/13
Product Faqs Ask a Question
Which payment methods does the extension supports ?AnswerPartial Payment is a system that will allow customers to pay in installments, and it supports almost all well known payment methods.
I want to know the flow, that how it works?Answer
First of all you have to configure it, e.g how much will you charge customers for first deposit and also can you charge extra fee. You can set these values as global and/Or on product level. Customers have to select an option shown on product page to purchase on Layaway. System will redirect customers to login if they are not logged In, after login the product will b added to cart and the totals will calculated according to your settings.
Once customer checkouts and places the order, you have to invoice that main order. Customers can see the layaway orders tab in their account, they can pay each next installment from their accounts. The installment will be placed as a new order. As soon you will invoice the installment order, the main orders remaining amount will be updated. Customers can pay installments until the time limit you have set or until the remaining amount is null.
Can you please confirm how the TAX / Vat is charged on an order.We need to charge just the TAX / Vat that is due on the 1st payment when it is made.then the TAX / Vat that is due on the balance is charged when the balance is paid.does your extensionAnswerCurrently the system charges all the taxes on the first deposit, but we can customize it according to your requirement. To split a tax so that it is paid according to percentage of first deposit and rest of it on next payments touch base with us through our support email and we can take your requirements in full and provide you with an estimate.
1 - If i understand it correctly, it creates a new order for each installment right?2 - I have paid the layby in my testing account twice, but it still shows the original layby account. why ?Answer1. Yes it will create a New Order for Each Installment. 2. You need to invoice the main order as soon it is paid, and then invoice installment order and it will update the order totals accordingly.
Does your extension send email reminders to the customers that have chosen the recurring payment option?AnswerWe are already working on this functionality and it be a part of the next release 1.5
We need to purchase the partial payment or deposit payment extension:a) where we can set first installment (initial installment)b) AND final installment will be activated manually in backendLike: client pays 25% at initial order and 75% after we confirm iAnswerThis can be done, but when you will allow customer to pay remaining, he has to log in to his account and proceed with the payment, which will place an order of remaining, you will have to invoice the installment order and ship the product. Please email our support to get more details