Advance CMS (1.2) 19572 hits
Create and Manage a healthy blog with this Advance CMS Magento Blog extension . Give it a Web 2.0 look and style with advance WYSIWYG editor. Add image gallery, video player to content pages and enjoy its countless premium features. The more valuable of all being the Blog SEO feature, you do not need to add additional plugins to perform mandatory tasks to rank your articles in search engines. Following are the important features of this addon.
Key Features – Magento Blog Module
- Create, add and manage stylish blog in Magento.
- Featured Blogs slider is placed on landing page. Configure its style, animations, and auto play settings
- Related blog posts “block” in the left column gives exposure to your other posts. You define which posts to show up in this block
- Customize blog theme as per your requirements. This plugin offers Blog Theme customization feature that allows you to modify the look & style of blog landing and detail page
- Magento rating feature included, set permissions on how readers can rate your blog articles
- User interactivity and feedback is never far away, this addon supports Comments feature with pagination and sorting. Build a strong audience and social circle!
- This addon supports Multiple Stores feature
- Add videos to blog posts, you can upload manually or choose from any location such as Youtube, Vimeo etc.
- Customize dimensions for CMS Gallery. You can define custom width and height of Image Gallery and Video player
- Multiple Page layouts are supported for blogs
- Add Image gallery to blogs page. Multiple slider transition and animation effects are included
- Dynamic Block can be placed on CMS pages or left/right column just like featured block
- Ajax Ratings and Comments for front end
- Monitor ratings and comments from backend. Comments Manager Section lists all comments against all blog posts so that you can moderate easily
Magento Blog integration is now extremely easy with Advance CMS extension.
Click on DEMO to learn about all features, for inquiries visit FAQ section or contact us freely.
Magento Module General Features
- 100% OpenSource
- Multi-Store Supported
- Multi-Language Supported
- Install Guide with Easy to follow steps
- User Guide to help you utilize and understand the extension
- Lifetime Support Free Support
How it works - Magento blog extension
Before we start adding blog, let’s start with basics of the configuration.
After installing this extension, a blog landing page is created which displays list of posts with short description, image, read more link and an elegant featured slider. To customize the style, design, SEO settings and properties of this landing page please follow below mentioned steps.
Login to admin panel and navigate to FME Extensions -> Advance CMS -> Configurations.
Blog Landing Page settings - Magento Blog Module
Set following information as per your requirements:
- Enter page title and select appropriate Magento page layout
- Select number of articles to be shown on landing page
- Set meta information for search engines
Configure Theme settings - Magento Blog Integration
- Set width for the blog content page
- Select color style for heading, foreground & background, and Featured articles background
- You can also define Custom CSS for customized modifications
Configure Video Player Settings for blog pages - Magento Video Player Feature
Following settings can be customized for video player;
- Caption can be placed
- Customize width and height
Image Gallery Settings for Blog Page – Magento CMS gallery
To help your customers, you can place image gallery on blog pages such as for event specific blogs. On the other hand, user guides, case studies etc. may also utilize this feature. Following are the settings you can configure;
- Custom label can be entered
- Select slider style such as Banners with/without navigation & thumbnails.
- Customize slider settings such as slide or opacity animation, transition effects, slide interval & duration, auto play settings, dimensions and show image title.
Magento Comments and Ratings Feature - Magento Blog Addon
- Turn on comments and ratings
- Comments support pagination; sorting by recent & older posts, and set maximum no of comments per page
- Select if single user can rate posts multiple times or once
Customize Featured Articles Slider - Magento Dynamic Block
Blog landing page displays a featured blog slider at the top. Configure maximum no of blogs to display in this slider. You can choose over 15+ animations along with the slider speed and circulate settings.
Now that we are done with the basic configuration, let’s start adding articles. First we will add categories, for this navigate to FME Extensions -> Advance CMS -> Categories;
Click on add new category, enter title and URL key, select store view, and sort order. This plugin allows you to define parent child relationship for categories.
Add/Manage Articles - Magento Bog SEONavigate to FME Extensions -> Articles -> Manage Articles;
- Set title, SEF URL and meta information
- Configure any blog article as featured by selecting “Yes” from featured Advance CMS dropdown
- This addon can automatically resize author images, just enter the %age of size to scale down or up.
- Set store view
- Choose appropriate category for your blog from the left column
- Upload and Create image gallery for blog detail page
- Blog detail page can show related articles in the left column. You can choose from here which blog posts to show up here
- From “Media” tab on left column add videos to your content, upload manually or from URL
- Ratings tab on the left column allows you to monitor and set ratings
Manage & Monitor Comments
Monitor and moderate all comments received against blog posts from this section
There you are, now are ready to go. If you have any questions please read our FAQ section or talk to us without hesitation.